Join our graduate program and share in the process of scientific discovery and exciting challenges in biomedical research. The Department of Microbiology and Immunology has an outstanding group of innovative research scientists in the areas of Immunology, Pathogenesis, Cancer, and Gene Transfer/Gene Therapy. Our graduates have been very successful in achieving their career objectives and have found independent, creative employment in research institutes, industry, government laboratories, colleges and universities.
Need a reason to inquire?
- Outstanding faculty experienced in mentoring and committed to your success in the future.
- Updated and innovative graduate program.
- Students can focus their degree curriculum in the areas of Immunology, Pathogenesis, Cancer
- Perform research in the medically important health care areas of cancer; infectious diseases, including sexually transmitted diseases; autoimmune diseases; transplantation; and genetic disorders.
- Excellent research facilities
- Located on the Indiana University, Purdue University campus, including Dental, Law, Nursing and undergraduate degree programs.
- Located in Indianapolis with a diverse cultural, athletic, and commercial environment.
- Large enough to offer diverse research areas, while small enough to have good faculty, student interaction.
- Competitive stipends, tuition remission and health plan.
- Training grants in Hematopoiesis, Cancer Biology, Pathogenesis, Immunology, Gene Therapy, Bridges to the Doctorate and the IU Initiative for Maximizing Graduate Student Diversity.